computer shuts down when i use bearshare

Kage said:
Well what I meant was that all those programs haven't found anything, and if they are all updated of course, there shouldn't be any.

I know viruses, etc are hard to keep up with so they can't create protection for all.

its not a virus there is something wrong with my ram and i have to get it replaced probably

Ah yeah, I didn't think of that. Yeah, RAM is a possibility definietly, as it'd explain the restarts, yet, you didnt mention that it did it with any other program, which is probably why it didn't come to me, as it'd be strange if it only happened with that.

Kage said:
Ah yeah, I didn't think of that. Yeah, RAM is a possibility definietly, as it'd explain the restarts, yet, you didnt mention that it did it with any other program, which is probably why it didn't come to me, as it'd be strange if it only happened with that.

yeah it has happened before besides with bearshare, but i mentioned bearshare because that is usually when it happened, bearshare takes up a lot of ram but still my computer shouldn't be shutting down because of it because i never had problems before, so i think i'm gunna have to get my ram replaced, btw my ram is 503 mb, i have a program that tells me how much ram is being used (pc onpoint) and i only have 172mb of free ram and i don't even have very many programs on, like bearshare isn't on or anything like that, i definately couldn't play a game on this computer now, i used to be able to all the time

Computer:Compaq Presario
Ram: 503 mb
harddrive: 120 gb
Speed: 2.5 gh

Weird :s. It might just need formatting and starting over, yet that won't be the cause of the problems.

Good luck with getting the new RAM, and I hope it fixes it.
Maybe get more?

battersup said:
yeah it has happened before besides with bearshare, but i mentioned bearshare because that is usually when it happened, bearshare takes up a lot of ram but still my computer shouldn't be shutting down because of it because i never had problems before, so i think i'm gunna have to get my ram replaced, btw my ram is 503 mb, i have a program that tells me how much ram is being used (pc onpoint) and i only have 172mb of free ram and i don't even have very many programs on, like bearshare isn't on or anything like that, i definately couldn't play a game on this computer now, i used to be able to all the time

Computer:Compaq Presario
Ram: 503 mb
harddrive: 120 gb
Speed: 2.5 gh

Okay, so getting the BSOD tells you that it's not PSU related or something like that. If you're getting "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal" on the BSOD, thats one of the most common errors.

Make sure all of your drivers are correctly installed, esp anythign that could have to do with bearshare. Try replacing/experimenting with memory as well. The thing about the memory is that it shouldnt really be JUST messing up during bearshare use. Try LimeWire too, see if that doesn't work.

07mackenzie said:
Okay, so getting the BSOD tells you that it's not PSU related or something like that. If you're getting "Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal" on the BSOD, thats one of the most common errors.

Make sure all of your drivers are correctly installed, esp anythign that could have to do with bearshare. Try replacing/experimenting with memory as well. The thing about the memory is that it shouldnt really be JUST messing up during bearshare use. Try LimeWire too, see if that doesn't work.

it has happened before without bearshare being on, it isn't just during bearshare although the majority of the time it does happen it is during bearshare, the reason why it happens during bearshare so much is because bearshare takes up so much ram, i wish i had the disk doctor program on this computer, i used to have it but my hardrive fried before during a thunderstorm

Back
Top Bottom