Computer shuts down so slow

Elsom

Baseband Member
I just formatted one of my computers and it takes a long time to shut down, i formatted because it took a long time itself but it made no difference. is there anything i can do?

What are the specs of the system? If it's a system with low specs, it will naturally run slower than something with higher specs. You could also try a registry cleaner such as CCleaner (google it), do a disk cleanup or defrag your hard drive and see if that makes any difference.

Check to see how many programs you still have running when you shut down, If you have lots of them still running in the background that would slow it down, you may need to turn some off in task manager.

Also, is it a laptop, or maybe a really old harddrive? Windows saves everything upon shutdown, if you have a slow hard drive, formatting will not help much.

Man formatting just makes things easier to read. The same thing happened to me. I formatted it and it was still slow. Maybe its your hard drive or you haven't updated or your programs. I mean its hard to say. Try and mess with it. Sorry about now being able to help you.

= (

I just formatted one of my computers and it takes a long time to shut down, i formatted because it took a long time itself but it made no difference. is there anything i can do?
Ok what are the specs
also post a hijack this log
and have you ran antivurus and adaware .
also installing drivers could help
Sorry about now being able to help you.

= (
dont worry you cant help everyone but i am sure if you stick around you will learn

Thanks MUZ ! That is my goal :)

well i have been here since october last year in that and i have learn so much in the small gap .
only thing is we prolly shouldnt discuss this here cos it is off topic realy so if you wanna add more just PM me .It keeps the mods happy

Back
Top Bottom