Computer shuts down after turn on.. then it works??

Status
Not open for further replies.

salami1212

Baseband Member
well.. i press the turn on button on my computer and then it turns on and everything works and then 2 seconds later it shuts down.. i press the turn on button again and the computer works fine. why is this?

Clear your bios, see what that does. Maybe some sort of error within the bios, maybe a virus? I dont know. Sounds kinda weird. Ive had them restart within windows, then after a reboot it works fine, but never during the loading of the bios.

If your using a voltage surge protecter strip try plugging directly into the wall socket to rule that out as a possible cause.
Ive worked on computers at my shop and there fine .The customer takes it home and it would turn on then shut off .The surge protector was faulty.

it doesnt do it know my b ios is on "bios setup defaults" why does my cmoputer have errors on bios setup defaults

My computer does this all the time. I don't care about it really. Sometimes it turns on for 2 secs when i turn it on at the wall, and sometimes it's when I press the power button. Anyway it works fine the second time so as long as it works I guess it's nothing to worry about.

I also recently changed the PSU and that didn't do anything either.

check your switch and the wire it connect to the motherboard, actually all front panel wires, sometimes the case edge is too sharp and it cut through the wires and cause a short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom