Computer shorting out

John's.AMD

Baseband Member
Hi. Im in a weird situation. I just put on a case fan that my friend gave me, and the other day I tuched the back of the case and I felt a few volts of electricity and I was shocked lol to find that there was electricity running thur my computer and I was wondering if this is a big problem and if there is a grounding situation somwhere

(the fan only has 2 screws) (all my drives have only 2 screws each) is this the problem ?

I would guess your power supply is going bad. I mean it's suppose to ground itself to your case... I guess make sure no wires are shorting out on the case. If not, I'd look into some new power supply before anything worse happens... Assuming the computer appears to be running fine.

Yeah its running just fine. The other thing is that it comes and go's so its not constent so im guessing its somthing that could be fixed

Thanks for the help

Yes im reviving my own theard.

I was thinking about why my video card blew some capacitors.
Then i remember the shorting out thing then it hit me. Some times i unplug sound system and plug in my head phones and somtimes its still touching the mabck of my case. Could this have ben the problem ???

any ideas ??????????? :confused:

I just cant blow another video card since I just ordered another 1
and i dont want to screw that 1 like tha last 1

PLEASE HELP ME :confused:

No, you'd have to have one hell of an amp to put enough juice into your case to shock you, unless you wired it to do so :p I still say a failing PSU...

Back
Top Bottom