Computer Screen Is Small

glennlh

Solid State Member
Hi i have a Dell Laptop and when i bought it windows 2000 was installed on it.
Then when XP came out i installed that on my Laptop. Then after a few months the Laptop would only uses half of the screen and not the full screen.

Does anyone know how i can fix this ?

Thanks Glennlh

Here's a Pic Below

Wow, never heard of that before but give this a try. Right click somewhere on your desktop, and click properties, then look for the tab that says settings. Try fixing the resolution. Push the bar as far it will go, then hit apply and ok. G'luck man.

Theres one of Three things you can do, Makes sure you have the video drivers installed and the resolution upped. You can Try pressing the Fn F7 key to stretch the video and last but not least if none of the others work, go into the bios and make sure that video stretch is enabled. The FN thing will work for sure. I work with dell laptops constently.

It's a resolution change. I have laptops that are like this. 640x480 would give something like yours, 800x600 is fullscreen and 1024x768 would give me full screen scrollable.

Yeah, LCDs and laptop monitors can do the whole scroll thing.. Just play around with the resolutions.. or look for that screen stretch option.

I have tried changing the resolution and when i do that the icons , text and webpages go small

Thanks Slayer i pressed F7 and FN like you said and it worked. its been like this for about 3 months i was going to pay to get it fixed thanks alot

Back
Top Bottom