Computer Running Slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolli_pop

Baseband Member
I've had this computer for about a year and I realise that the more you add to it the slower it's going to run... but it seems to be running slow constantly and it always says there's not enough virtual memory.

I know how to increase the virtual memory which I have done, but when I'm running programs, even if it's only one or two programs, they run slow and take a while to appear on the monitor when i click them on the toolbar... they also go white and won't respond a lot too....

Is there any ways I can increase the speed that this thing goes at, and stop it from messing up when I run programs!?:(

reformatt, youll sheit yourself no joke. if it ran fast before and you havent reformatted in a long time, do it, and im not kidding.

Well is there any other ways of just speeding it up for now 'cos I don't fancy reinstalling everything... and plus, I've gotta keep most of the stuff on my comp any ways so I can't see a reformat lasting long seeing as it'll be pretty much the same once I've got everything back on it...

defrag, get antivirus if you dont already have it. if you are on a network use norotn ghost to make an image of your hard drive, reformat, and then copy the image over when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom