Computer restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevit

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I have recently bought myself a Sony Ericsson K750i and after removing the USB cable from the phone or from the computer my computer just restarts for no apparent reason.

I have tested my phone on other computers and they work perfectly fine.

I was just wondering if anyone heard of this before and know what it could be.

BTW: I have tried it in diagnostics mode and it still restarts. I have also tried it in SAFE MODE where it doesnt restart (but it doesnt find the device either :p)

Warez Monster said:
Do you install software for the Sony?

Umm there is software and i have had it installed before but it still restarted my computer.

XP installs all the necessary drivers and everything works except when i unplug it.

Uninstall the software and uninstall the USB in the device manager, reboot, let the usb reinstall itself, then see if it happens again.

happens all the time to my bro's computer, is it a metal cased computer? if so, its a static shock or something ESD or something, its shorting out making your computer restart.

Yeah ive already uninstalled the software and tried again.

EDIT:

Ok i have tested the shorting out theory and it has come up wrong. I have checked all my wires and they are all sealed off and connect properly. But what really proved it wrong was when i connected my phone upto my USB cable while the computer was still loading the phone read "charging" which means its receiving electricity, and when i disconnected the phone (while the computer was still loading) the computer kept on loading.

So therefore it must be XP. I have also tested my Admin user account and I do still have the same problem there aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom