Computer Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET/IT

In Runtime
CPU: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52, speed 1.61 GHz

RAM: 2.7GB

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card: GeForce Go 6150

Hard drive capacity: 111.8 GB left.

Will computer programming software work on my Laptop? Or will I have to upgrade my system?

Reason being, Next quarter I'll be signing up for some C++, Java, and .Net courses on top of my standard Network Tech/Electronics Tech courses.

Any info would be great.

If any of you are also used to Networking, and Security, will my system be able to operate Server Software, and Server Security Software?

Thanks.

Still learning.

Which server OS? Win or *Nix based? To the first question, yes you shouldnt have any problems with most if not all the various programming software thats out there

Which software were you looking at? An IDE will run no problem but if you start to pile all that server software (presumably the normal stuff - DBMS, SCM, application server, http server, CI server etc) on the top, things are going to get a bit hairy.

I was thinking of Server 2008, and servers similiar to it.

And then looking at the latest C++ and Java programs. (So i can make little videos and things here and there. kinda like Red Vs Blue stuff you see on youtube, and doing little flashplayer games.)

I use Windows XP professional Edition.

I already have video editing software stuff. Just kinda looking into doing some stuff sort of cartoony. (but make it myself)

Any software recommendations?

And regarding some of the other stuff, just working on learning things. How they work, what they do, that sort of stuff. (At least for the moment anyways)

I use Windows XP professional Edition.

I already have video editing software stuff. Just kinda looking into doing some stuff sort of cartoony. (but make it myself)

Any software recommendations?

And regarding some of the other stuff, just working on learning things. How they work, what they do, that sort of stuff. (At least for the moment anyways)
Flashplayer games and YouTube stuff is done via Flash (Flash Tutorial) not Java or C++, as an FYI :)

But yes, your computer should be fine for most IDEs and server-related programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom