Computer Program Errors and Corrupted.

Duzz

In Runtime
Alright for awhile now I have been getting corrupted Files and programs on my computer and cannot understand why. I have Reinstalled Windows XP Pro several times to fix the problem. Sometimes it will work for sometime without Crashing. Sometimes it dont work right away.

Ok I install Windows. Bust out Driver disk, do all drivers. Then run Windows update. Thats when problems happen. It will download the updates but then says its corrupted or failed to download file. Sometiems i can download all the way to SP2 and it starts downloading and says it has so much to download and it keeps getting bigger and bigger and it dont finish. Or it says Download failed.

Also on small downloads that i download from Internet, Example I play video games and i downloaded some simple Interfaces for World of Warcraft. I get corrupted files on my exstraction and installation.

I have ran a Mem Tester but not sure if the ram tester is tainted but I do have it on my Mobile hard drive so it just gets it from there. But it went 100% and didnt get an error. So dont think its my Ram.

Now I do have a AMD 64 someone told me that haveing Windows XP installed at NTFS was where my problem was. But I cannot install with Fat32 sooo. Im at a loss. My machine is a paperweight and I kill disked it and its waiting for some help.

What should I do.

I hate errors.

If i missed something just ask me and ill try and remember.

Thanks

The DUZZ maN

This is my Double wide Tsunami which is the same in my Sig.

I have been useing a different computer for abot a month cause I gave up on her.

Alright. First off, whoever told you that having NTFS was a bad thing, has no idea what he/she is talking about. NTFS is much better than FAT32.

Second, it sounds as though you might have some sort of network problem regarding the failed download files.. check your ethernet cables, make sure they are all tight and snug. Try pinging other (if any) computers on your network, see if you get packet loss.

you can ping other computers by going to start>run, type in "cmd", type in "ping xxx.xxx.x.x /t" (where the xxx.xxx.x.x represents the lan ip to the computer you want to ping.)

if you get any packet loss, then you should check all your hardware and see whats causing it. I've had corrupted downloads and failed updates due to this before. Turned out to be a bad ethernet cable.

Ping Statistics for 192.168.0.100
packets: Sent 4, Received =4, Lost = 0%

thats what she said.

I just installed windows so im installing the drivers at the moment. I will try to download something and see if mistakes happen.

Bump...

Update. It still does it even if it gets pinged and comes back complete and no errors.

Do you think it might be that i have old Drivers or what? I do not know what the problem is.

Duzz said:
Alright for awhile now I have been getting corrupted Files and programs on my computer and cannot understand why. I have Reinstalled Windows XP Pro several times to fix the problem. Sometimes it will work for sometime without Crashing. Sometimes it dont work right away.

Ok I install Windows. Bust out Driver disk, do all drivers. Then run Windows update. Thats when problems happen. It will download the updates but then says its corrupted or failed to download file. Sometiems i can download all the way to SP2 and it starts downloading and says it has so much to download and it keeps getting bigger and bigger and it dont finish. Or it says Download failed.

Also on small downloads that i download from Internet, Example I play video games and i downloaded some simple Interfaces for World of Warcraft. I get corrupted files on my exstraction and installation.

I have ran a Mem Tester but not sure if the ram tester is tainted but I do have it on my Mobile hard drive so it just gets it from there. But it went 100% and didnt get an error. So dont think its my Ram.

Now I do have a AMD 64 someone told me that haveing Windows XP installed at NTFS was where my problem was. But I cannot install with Fat32 sooo. Im at a loss. My machine is a paperweight and I kill disked it and its waiting for some help.

What should I do.

I hate errors.

If i missed something just ask me and ill try and remember.

Thanks

The DUZZ maN

This is my Double wide Tsunami which is the same in my Sig.

I have been useing a different computer for abot a month cause I gave up on her.
Try running PCBugDoctor. It sometimes fixes corrupted files & errors. Too bad its not free... :( Just scanning is free, removal is not.

Ok, I do not get corrupted files from transfering threw shared folders and such. I changed Cables. I have updated drivers for nForce. So im still getting missing or coruppted files from download, and windows has been up for a total of 2 days after a killdisk completion. Been on the internet a total of 30min max. And i downloaded only from AOpen for a mouse driver and it was corrupted. I realy dont know and that file was only 512KB. So what else could be the problem?

Here, BUMP and Figured it out.

It was NVidia Access Manager Program causeing all corrupted files. Deleted that and works likea charm.

Took me awhile to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom