Computer problems.. Fried motherboard?

jon the noob

In Runtime
About 6 weeks ago my computer got hit by a power surge. I didn't see it directly, but there was a storm outside any my computer shut off.

When I tried to turn it on, it would show the HP startup screen, flash the windows xp sign (just before you get to the logon page) and then it would restart. This was an infinite loop.

I figured it was the RAM so I got two new sticks, and put them in. It now showed the HP startup screen, and then instantly restarted. Hmm...

I got a new HDD, PSU, and cpu (some for fix, some for fun) thinking this would resolve the problem. I put them all in just twenty minutes ago

The computer SOUNDS like it's starting up, but now the picture is dead! Both the onboard graphics AND my video card won't bring up a picture!!

I turned the PC on, and the PSU fan, GPU fan, and CPU fan were all running.

Is this a fried motherboard? I'm exhausted and nearly replaced the whole computer.. please help :( :(

Here's my mobo

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=de&cc=de&docname=c00906129

Fried motherboard?

My last thread had 22 views, no posts, 2nd page... I couldn't bump it.. admins sorry but what else can i do besides make a new thread?

About 6 weeks ago my computer got hit by a power surge. I didn't see it directly, but there was a storm outside any my computer shut off.

When I tried to turn it on, it would show the HP startup screen, flash the windows xp sign (just before you get to the logon page) and then it would restart. This was an infinite loop.

I figured it was the RAM so I got two new sticks, and put them in. It now showed the HP startup screen, and then instantly restarted. Hmm...

I got a new HDD, PSU, and cpu (some for fix, some for fun) thinking this would resolve the problem. I put them all in just twenty minutes ago

The computer SOUNDS like it's starting up, but now the picture is dead! Both the onboard graphics AND my video card won't bring up a picture!!

I turned the PC on, and the PSU fan, GPU fan, and CPU fan were all running.

Is this a fried motherboard? I'm exhausted and nearly replaced the whole computer.. please help

Here's my mobo

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00906129

Re: Fried motherboard?

if you are getting to windows loading than I would say your MB is fine. Have your tried to a repair install of Windows or tried a new install of Windows? When you say picture do you mean Windows or you are not getting post?

Re: Fried motherboard?

if you are getting to windows loading than I would say your MB is fine. Have your tried to a repair install of Windows or tried a new install of Windows? When you say picture do you mean Windows or you are not getting post?

I mean i have no picture on the monitor at all. It is black, and can't pick up the signal from my video card OR the onboard graphics.

Back
Top Bottom