computer problem

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
my friend just bought a new motherboard, he hooked it up, but it didnt work, so he brought it over to my house so i could help him hook it up. but i couldnt do it either, so i took apart my computer and took my motherboard out and puted his into mine and set it up, and it also didnt work. I then puted my motherboard back into my case, hooked up everything, turned on my computer, every fan turns on, and the red light in the front turns on. but i couldnt see anything on the screen, and i dont hear any of my harddrives go. i disconnected everything inside and reconnected to make sure that they are all secure. and the same thing happens. any help?

make sure all connections are snug and correctly seated, the same thing happened to me before only one of the ram sticks wasn't seated all the way, and when i powered on the puter, i had no fans, no beep, nothing.

after checking all connections, it finally was that..so it just may be a loose connection that's all.

well all connections are snug and correctly seated, and its still doing the same thing

Try connecting one component at a time, and booting up with the basic of components, then adding one component at a time til they all work..restarting the computer after each component is added.

im thinking that its the motherboard, if the motherboard dont work, then no electrical current can go through right?

depends exactly what is wrong with the mobo , could also be a power supply

well, i took everything apart, and only connected the power supply to the motherboard, a fan, a hardrive, two ram, and the processor, now it runs for less than a second and then it shuts off, and everthing is fit snug and correctly fitted

Back
Top Bottom