computer not powering up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptCanada

Beta member
Hi all

I have an Asus A7V333 system that I removed the XP1800 for my other rig, a Biostar.

After having some trouble with the Biostar rig, I tried to duplicate the problem on the Asus rig. I installed the cpu, a video card and tried booting. The system came on and the power led came on. The system didn't boot and there was no post.

I removed the XP 1800 thinking that was the problem. I then installed a Duron 1.3G cpu. The system still didn't post. I reset the bios, but no joy.

After clearing the CMOS according to the Asus website, the system won't now power on. I know the power supply is good, because it was powering on before clearing the CMOS. I replaced the power supply with another one, still nothing

The rig is now as follows
Duron 1.3
512DDR333
ATI AIW
WinXP Pro

I know the cpu, vid card and ram work.

If anyone has any ideas as to why the system now won't even power on, that would be great. BTW, there is an LED on the board that indicates power, and it comes one when the power supply is turned on.

Thanks!!!!

Did you ground yourself properly while working in this PC?

Both those Asus and Biostar boards are notirious for being crap, so I am probolyl guessing one is broken.

You may have just forgot to plug something in, or not seated ram right, go over everything. Also try one stick of ram in all of the slots.

Are you sure that everything is seated correctly? Also did you make sure that the power and reset switches are correctly connected to the mobo?

I did mess with the power and reset switches on the Asus rig. I have only one stick of ram for the Asus rig.

I have removed the video card and all other add on cards and just have the cpu, ram, and hard installed. Still no power.

The Biostar rig is giving me an IRQL Less Than Or Equal error, regardless of how many times I have installed WinXP. But, that is not my main concern, the Asus rig is.

thanks for the quick reponses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom