Computer Needed For Limos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any lptop that is a Turion 64 based machine will suffice for you.

This is not spam. This is helping to choose a laptop that will best suit his company the best

Or a Mac!!! Therye reliable, dont get and form of virus and come with excelent media software!

I would NOT suggest a MAC if your wanting it to be a gaming laptop, i would go for Alienware,Voodoo,XPS gen2, or built your own if you have the resources.

Osak said:
i would go for Alienware

Pfft.

Overpriced, poor construction, crap choice of parts not really all that powerful given the money you pay, I can now see why people laugh when Alienware is mentioned.

I mean their "top end" laptop has a P4 in it, and bad RAM, and a poor quality GPU. Unless you want to pay another £500+ to upgrade any of it, that is.

Alienware are overpriced. A Turion 64 is the best. Trust me...Your clients will love the performance of that bad portable dude

malbuc87uk said:
crap choice of parts

Yeah, I always have thought that and amd FX-57 is crap. Also something like Go 7800GTX obviously sucks.

They have the best laptops there is. U can custom it to almost what ever u like.
But yes, they are very very overpriced.

yes, this can be done, however,
I suggest custom designing a pc of sorts.

the problem is that you have to build it into the existing system,

but I'm sure you guys can figure out how to work an inverter to get +12 +5 +3.3v 0 -5 -12 v from the single 12v source,
thats all the computer needs,
so I suggest that you use a normal PC rather than a latop,

and I also suggest that instead of using a regular hard drive that you use a solid state memory such as a USB key, because although it won't break straight away, contsant vibration and road noise will shorten the lifespan of a hard disc.

Get a couple of touch screen monitors to stick in the back for internet access, lpug in a keyboard and away you go!!!

Either Alien ware, or Macs or anything else like that are going to (a) cost too much, (b) not off the flexibility.

Custom build your own, especially since you want to control other things in the car from this (can be done using the serial port).
Obviously if you have someone in the back with the laptop, you might not want then to control everything,

however with a custom built PC, you can have two monitors, (one for driver to control all the cars auxillary functions and perhaps navigation or GPS etc) and then a second pannel in the back for your passengers to surf the internet with.

Of course there is one last problem...
I assume you know that a moving car, (even with a 3G ready wireless card) you'll still only get GPRS speeds because 3G doesn't work well at speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom