Computer makes buzzing noise when I turn it on.

CastletonSnob

Baseband Member
Heard a buzzing noise when I turned on my computer, so turned it off and on several times.

Pretty sure it's not the HDD, because my computer has an SSD.

Computer's barely a month old. There's no way something's wrong with it already.

Heard the buzzing noise again today and the other day.

I don't know if I'm just not used to the differences between my new computer and my old computer that I had for 7-8 years. I'm not used to there being less of a delay between when you press the power button and when the computer turns on, for example.

A buzzing noise is usually caused by one of the internal wires fouling a fan. I wouldn't expect to hear anything apart from a slight whirring of fans on a modern computer. Even fan noise is almost indiscernable if good quality fans are used although high quality fans in the world of computer hardware is extremely difficult to find. Most computer hardware is rubbish made in China stuff.

It's more like a "Bzzzt" sound.

Not sure it's the fan either, because my fan is pretty quiet to the point where I barely hear it.

Last edited:
I have a corsair case that does that, I had to jamb a piece of cardboard between the side cover and the case on the upper right side. It stopped a "buzzing" sound. When I get around to cleaning it out again I'll have to adjust the sheet metal on that side panel to stop that vibration.

Is it normal for a computer to sometimes not make the startup sound?

Like, my computer makes a beeping noise when it gets to the Acer title screen, but it didn't this morning.

I know mine don't but the last build would. Can't remember if i put the speaker on the board of if it was part of the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom