Computer Logs off too quickly?

Solopopo

Beta member
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am having a very frustrating problem with my Lenovo y500 Ideapad laptop. Despite having set the computer to not log off, it still logs off after about a minute of inactivity. This is extremely frustrating. If I stop to write something in my notebook, my computer screen is black when I pick my head up, and I need to log back in. I have turned off every setting I can find for sleep/hibernation/dim screen. Every option is set to never, yet my laptop ignores this and logs off anyway. I would greatly appreciate some help. At this point I'm getting concerned about the health of the computer, getting put to sleep and woken up over and over and over.

Are you using Windows 7? If so, can you type "change when the computer sleeps" into the start menu search bar, then open that program? And tell me what each option is set to.

You want the entry for "Put the computer to sleep:" To be a long value. Possible Never if you would like the PC to never be put to sleep automatically.

Also, there are 2 settings. One for when it's plugged in and one for when it's on battery. Change them both.

Check the screen saver options too. If it's set to blank screen it could do this as well.

Back
Top Bottom