Computer Lock Up?!?!?!?

CodyJay

Solid State Member
Hey guys,
I have style xp for my computer to change the themes, logons, etc. and i dont recal changing anything yesterday but my theme, and logon PICTURE.

However, when i go to change users, the windows 2000 window pops up (ctrl alt delete) and says the computer is locked. I then type in my password, and it goes right back to my logon. HELP?!?

Click on Users and Accounts, then click on Change the way users log on or off.

Then click the box next to both Use the Welcome Screen and Use Fast User switching, and click Apply Options.

That should fix it.

What's a mystery to me is how it changed of its own accord, I really don't know. Spyware?

have you checked for spyware or viruses because this is the sort of thing they would cause.

i dont know? it was really weird. i ran windows antispyware and nothing came up. i wanna know how it happened though...i didnt know that was even an option in windows xp.

ok so i booted in safe mode and the same thing popped up. then while in safe mode, i enabled Use welcome screen and fast switching...same thing. im so confused!! any other ideas of how this might have happened? i cant find an option to enable or disable this "feature."

Hate to say it but Windows could be screwed up.

Reinstalling may be needed.

Back
Top Bottom