Computer isn't sending graphics to monitor

liberation

Beta member
Hello everyone,

My computer is not sending graphics to the monitor. I know that it is not the doing of the monitor. I shall let you know that I am not too knowledgeable of computer components, but I do know some basics.

After disassembling the pc, a couple of possibilities as to why this phenomenon may be were made conscious of.

1) The CPU may (or may not) have melted. Here are pictures (one of the CPU and another of the back of the heat-sink), please let me know what they mean and what may have caused this (perhaps this is a cooling gel or glue):
photo-5.jpg
photo-2.jpg

2) The power supply has overheated, melting a component(s) within itself. Here are pictures of the power supply's internals, take note of the yellow substance that has seemingly melted over several components. Please let me know what this means and what may have caused it:
photo-6.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Let me know if you believe that there may be other reasons why the pc is not completely connected to the monitor, or if you would like more or better quality pictures of any computer components.

Thank you beforehand for your help.

looks like your PSU is dead only way to test to see if your CPU is alright is to use a spare PSU

Thank you for the swift response. I will replace the PSU with this computer's and see if that is the problem. I will give an update within the next 10-20 minutes.

Turns out this PSU wouldn't fit in the other computer's motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom