Computer is Slow

nascar6

Solid State Member
What do I need to do to speed it up I did a defrag. It seems like the only way for it to get any faster is to roll it down a hill

Try downloading the program cacheman and set it to 25% of your memory. Make certain you don't have adware and spyware on your system. Check your computers boot processes to make certain you don't have to many-The number of icons to the lower right of your screen is an indication-over 4 too many.-Im assuming you have moderate memory. If you select start then run, when the window pops up type in msconfig then <enter> Select the far right tab and it will show you what starts at boot-you can selectively turn off what you dont need at boot.-this frees up memory and you should be faster.

ya, it could be spyware. if you have any spyware programs, use those first. if you don't, you could download spybot S&D i'm not sure what the adress is though:(

Put in the XP CD in and close the computer down, start it back up and load from the disk. Then it goes into Formatting and form there its easy to reinstall Windows.

Back
Top Bottom