computer is not reconising hard drive

bobert1

BSOD
yesterday i recoverd xp pro back to xp home but it doesnt seem to find my main hard drive. it installed on my second one . my it was the hard drive that crashed last time now its just not working.
and i carnt get the wireless internet to work . i would try to reinstall xp pro but i lost the product key

well if it installed on your second harddrive thats set to slave so i doubt the slave can use ur master harddrive as a slave when its not lol.. so you gota swich the jumpers OR it can be that you have to format both drives to xp pro.. (i dont mean install it on both) u need to format the other one so windows xp can recognize it... OR what brand is your harddrive.. most harddrive companys like western digital have a utility that will do it for you with a coiple easy clicks while running windows..

No Wireless INTERNET, you might need to reinstall your drivers of you modem or router, check if you have any yellows in device manager or goto your network connections and look in there for your modem, if its there right click on it and select properties and see what it says in there.

Back
Top Bottom