Computer is lighting up but cant get any Video

importedmidget

Beta member
Hello everyone, just recently my computer shut down for no apparent reason. I could not get it start up at all. I figured out that this was a result of a burned out power supply so I replaced it with a newer more ventilated 750w psu and immediately the computer started up and seems to be running except for the fact that I cannot get any video. I have tried switching out my video card for an older video card and this has not solved the problem so I am wondering whether when my psu initially gave out whether it was possible that my cpu could have overheated and fried or maybe even the mobo chip. Does anybody have any ideas or solutions?

Sounds like the the PCI-e or AGP slot is dead.

Can you try the video cards in another pc?

Tried a different monitor?

not much apart from my original post :D

The fact that he switched out cards would suggest to me he doesn't have onboard graphics though.

It kinda annoys me that people don't give you enough info to play with but you do the best you can by asking questions I guess.

I am using an Asus M232- Sli Deluxe wireless edition, which unfortunately does not have an integrated slot. I will try and get a hold of another monitor to make sure that it is not a problem from that end.

Is it possible that when my psu failed it could have sent to much voltage to my motherboard and fried it?

Back
Top Bottom