Computer is acting kind of weird!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
Computer makes BBQ smells.

Computer Specs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=471644&dlc=en&docname=c00387087

Extra Info You Might Want to Know
The PSU is only 250w and I have added a GF Ti4200 video card to this computer because it was running an onboard video card and I game a lot.

My Problem
I get BBQ smell from my CPU tower and I don't know where it is coming from. The smell comes when the temperature is 55C and over. The smell comes at random temperature over 55C. I have checked all the fans and there all working properly. I also don't get any unexpected restarts or shut down so my computer isn't under-powered or anything. But my PSU do strain when I playing some games like WC3.

My Question
Since the problem could be anything, should I add a case fan and try to reduce the temperature? Or will it be too much strain on the PSU?

THANKS!!

I think your PSU is just dying. But i may be wrong...

Have you tried temporarily removing your video card, and seeing if that's the problem? I think its taking alot of the PSU.

Also, dust the computer!!

thsi sounds kinda odd but what is the type of thermal grease your using?

or is the default thermal pad that came with your system still on the cpu?

I don't really have any dust inside my chassis cuz all my fans have filters and i installed filters for the empty holes in the chasis. and yes im just using the default thermal paste.

come to fink of it.... i fink my PSU is just straining... cuz this only happens wen i play games... and wen u play games, ur GPU and CPU eats a lot more watt. right now im living in vancouver and the weather is just horrid. it's 30C room temperature. maybe 250w just dont cut it. the minium requirement for the GF Ti 4200 SE was a 250w PSU so i might be just straining my PSU.

thanks for ur suggestions.

please reply to this if im wrong

I think the safest bet would be just to buy a new PSU, as you don't want to overstrain it and have it explode, taking out numerous system components.

It can explode? O.O... cuz i seen my friends PSU get killed becuz he overstrain it but it didnt explode.. lol. his computer came with a stock GF 6 or 7 ,i forgot, and it was running on a stock 300w PSU. but it didnt explode.

anyways, which PSU is most suitable for my computer? im guessing like a Antec smartpower 350w? or 400w?

A smartpower 350W should be sufficient for your machine, although stretching to a 400 can't hurt for future additions.

alright, thanks...

this is my first time here and this forum is truly amazing so i fink im gonna recommend all my computer friends to this forum.. and i stay im gonna be here a while. lol

From just looking at the poorly descriptive title and remember that crummy russian commercial.....my obvious answer would be...

You have vorms (not worms....vorms)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom