Computer help

Mike16112

Beta member
I've been having a issue with my Dell inspiron 15r that I've owned since Christmas 2010. I left the laptop on sleep mode overnight with no battery and now when I try to use it, the screen randomly turns on and off forcing me to use a external display, runs really slow, and after about 20 minutes it'll abruptly turn off as if all power has been cut off then turn back on. I really want to play team fortress 2 and I can't afford another computer. is it a hardware issue or is the charger not giving the laptop enough power?

I've been having a issue with my Dell inspiron 15r that I've owned since Christmas 2010. I left the laptop on sleep mode overnight with no battery and now when I try to use it, the screen randomly turns on and off forcing me to use a external display, runs really slow, and after about 20 minutes it'll abruptly turn off as if all power has been cut off then turn back on. I really want to play team fortress 2 and I can't afford another computer. is it a hardware issue or is the charger not giving the laptop enough power?

Try using another charger; borrow one from a friend of family member. I thought my laptop was broken, I bought another genuine charger off eBay and it worked fine. If not maybe try and reinstall the operating system while using the external display? Not sure if this will work but it's worth a go.

Back
Top Bottom