Computer help

cheerfulsplash

Solid State Member
So ive been on this website a few months now because im looking in getting a new laptop.

Ive looked around at some and also thought about getting a desktop but that wont do, i kind of need a laptop for space and where ill be using it.

Im currently running a acer aspire 5315 and it was good back 4-5 years ago but now its running slow.

Im interested in gaming laptops. I know that desktops run games faster but i need a laptop. I will not be using it for playing games like call of duty or crysis etc. Although i may one day but it is doubtful.

I will however be playing games like Minecraft and strategy games such as total wars civilisation and things like that.

So here is the laptop i am thinking of getting. If you know could you please tell me if you think it will play call of duty and any other fps because if its good enough to play them i might get something like fallout. Thank for taking your time to read this.

HP Pavilion dv-6z
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pc...spx?pcid=ab695503-87ee-df11-bb23-02bf9d3bf32a

This is mine one and it's great I have a 3.00 RAM if you're gaming I would reccomend getting a bigger one 4.00 should be fine.

This is mine one and it's great I have a 3.00 RAM if you're gaming I would reccomend getting a bigger one 4.00 should be fine.

Cheers ive ages to decide what to get but im kind of looking into different things now. Thanks for the reply

HP DV6 series are a good choice, but you could also consider a mid-range Samsung:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG R530-11 NoteBook Intel Core i3 350M(2.26GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 310M

also, is needing a laptop over a desktop a space issue or a mobility issue? if it's a space issue you could consider an all in one, such as:

Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaCentre B305(4031-3BU) 21.5" Athlon II X2 235e(2.7GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon 3000 IGP Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

obviously an all-in-one has a screen size advantage.

Nice what kind of games does it play ???

Well I'm not so much of a computer gamer but my friend who has the exact same computer as plays minecraft,team fortress and some other games that I do not know the names of. None of them lag or any problems at all.

OKay thank you ill have a look at them, a mate told me that intel core i3 processors are not that good but i dunno

Ok thank you

I'm not actually getting a new laptop until Christmas :) but i started looking now because i have no idea what is actually out there that is descent.

There is so many that i have looked at and thought wow that looks good then the next week i change my mind lol

Like last week i was looking at a Toshiba this week im looking at a Medion i just don't know my just wait and start looking again in October :)

Back
Top Bottom