Computer Help (too slow)

remember that AMD is the choice for all gamers but intel works as well, just not ....as well....
a 64x2 3800+ is about $300 but you can get a dual core intel for $130 last time i checked. for price/performance ratio you can't really beat intels. can't think of an AMD rig where i can get a dual core, decent mobo, and 7900GT for about $500. look around for Pentium Ds, a mobo with one or two PCIe x16 slots, and a 7600GT. that could be around $400 even.

forgot to take into account the CAD => USD thing but $400 USD is $445 CAD so i'm still close i think.

at tigerdirect i found a Pent D 805 for $150
an ABIT SLI mobo for $70
and a 7600 GT for $170

Logan said:
remember that AMD is the choice for all gamers but intel works as well, just not ....as well....
a 64x2 3800+ is about $300 but you can get a dual core intel for $130 last time i checked. for price/performance ratio you can't really beat intels. can't think of an AMD rig where i can get a dual core, decent mobo, and 7900GT for about $500. look around for Pentium Ds, a mobo with one or two PCIe x16 slots, and a 7600GT. that could be around $400 even.

forgot to take into account the CAD => USD thing but $400 USD is $445 CAD so i'm still close i think.

at tigerdirect i found a Pent D 805 for $150
an ABIT SLI mobo for $70
and a 7600 GT for $170

sweet man thats really not to bad of a price range :) and if u take USE > CAD lol the CAD dollar is really not doing to bad right now i think it was at 92 last time i checked :cool:

MikeReiner said:
Ahahah... thats why newegg is not an option, your in canada. Sadly they don't ship there... a shame really...

By 200-300, i'm sure you are referring to canadian currency, right?
lol yea... well 200 - 300 if i have to work with this comp... but if the stuff is worth the money.. willing to spend more than it ...

i dont think its worth upgrading that comp at all, if i were u i would just save up for a whole new comp

gaming_freak said:
i dont think its worth upgrading that comp at all, if i were u i would just save up for a whole new comp

seems like thats the plan will be saving up for a new mobo, an dual core processer (thinking pentium D dual or AMD dual core... pentium seems like its the way to go because of the price... :rolleyes: ) and a new graphic card... and ram DOH! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom