computer freezes

dude_se

Proper Legend
my computer has recently started to freeze, then 10 seconds later the screen will go black and you have to reset it. it will then work fine. only does this somethimes but is annoying. it used to do this then say the display drivers were not working. does not say it this time. cant figure out the problem. no viruses or anything. i defragment all the time. got xp home

thanks in advance

bump

still having this problem on occasions. also just remembered a bigger problem. my pc will not shut down on its own most of the time and if it does it will take 10 minutes. usually it stays on the logging off screen or stays on the desktop. this has only started happening a few weeks ago
same problem with logging off

Is your power supply a good quality one or a generic brand... I had the same problem (lots and lots of errors) when i tryed using a generic brand PSU. This may be your problem but can easily be fixed.

yep comes up with an error report when you restart. recovered from a serious error. send to microsoft............

i never send them. im sure its something to do with my banshee display driver. sometimes you can still move the mouse but not click on anything. the screen will then go blank and will come back on and the colours will be set to 4 bit. it will then tell you the display drivers buggered up. if it dont do that the screen stays black

You should send the Report to make sure. If they know about the problem, the will direct you to the driver you need and tell you the problem. If they don't; you can help other people who may get the same problem by letting Microsoft work out the answer!

Back
Top Bottom