Computer freezes when using a tv as a monitor

yrureadingthis?

Beta member
So here is my story. A month ago I got a 26 inch Vizio E260MV to use as my Dell computer's monitor. I used a DVI to hdmi (no dvi connection on the TV) connection and it flickered, used the second port on my video card, worked fine for a little bit than the video card's fan kicked on high and it froze up, video, control, everything. The same thing happened when I used DVI to VGA. The only thing that was left was this horrible loud sound coming from the speakers. It would do that for about 30 seconds and go back to normal with the fan kicking on every time I clicked on something. I switched displays and used a different TV and a monitor and they worked just fine with hdmi. But I also connected another computer to my vizio and that worked as well! So I changed the video card since the module was six years old. Now I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450, but what do you know the freezes are still there but not the fan or the flickering. I called vizio and they said that they couldn't help me. I was just hoping if any of you have herd of this happening and know what's wrong? My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1.

Back
Top Bottom