Computer Forum Official Overclock Database

Sounds Good. It seemed like it was a little lonely! :) I've had my 6420 at 3.0Ghz for the last 2 days steady, but I haven't done any tests yet. When I get my new computer up and going I'll test that 6420 in my old system and I'm also getting an e8400 that I'll test out when it arrives as well!

Most people use Orthos for burn-in/testing correct? If so, is it free and does anyone have a quick link to it? I've tried SiSoft's Sandra but it really sucks...

Thanks and hopefully I'll add to the list ;-)
Zac

Hmm..I'll find a way to get back to this tomorrow to check before I quit Orthos, but how long would you prefer testing? 4, 6, 8 hours? Let me know...I'm starting it tonight while I sleep...

CPU-Z Validate: ill get that up ASAP

Processor: AMD X2 Brisbane 3600+

MHz: 2400MHz (i will update as needed)

Stepping/Revision: ill get that up ASAP

CPU Vcore: 1.34 to 1.36 although im pretty sure my BIOS reads this wrong

Cooling type: Air

Heat Sink Fan/ Water Block: Arctic Freezer Pro 64

Loaded CPU Temp: 32C as read by Everest

Motherboard Brand & Model: Biostar NF4U-AM2G
Bios Version: P29

Ram Brand: A-Data

Ram Speed: PC6400

Ram Mhz: 800Mhz

Ram Latency: 5-5-5-15

2.4 is easy to get to on this cpu... =\ i run it on stock cooling and mine is runnin at around 43c load at 2.4ghz 50c at 4.5-6

Well...I guess intel stock cooling just really sucks. I was gunna go ahead and leave orthos running while I slept but my temps were getting higher than I'd like them to be...and they just kept rising ever so slowly. Nonetheless, I got a ten minute shot just for a taste :)

Great thanks for the update dude +1 to ya. If you could copy the stuff from my first page regarding all the info like bios voltage, revisions etc that would be great.

I've got to work all weekend and will be leaving for work shortly so it may not get updated till tuesday night when I'm done for the week. If I have the energy though after work it may get done over the weekend.

Yup no problem. I just wanted to give anyone looking for an update a quick taste until I can get temps stabilized. I'll edit this post in a bit and get the skinny on the info.

EDIT: Ok here we go:

CPU-Z Validate: Here

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420

MHz: 3000Mhz

Stepping/Revision: Step-6 Rev-B2

CPU Vcore: I'll update this in a bit cuz I don't know off hand

Cooling type: Air

Heat Sink Fan/ Water Block: Stock intel

Loaded CPU Temp: Highest was 60*C, started to slowly ave out at around 52-53*C

Motherboard Brand & Model: ASUS P5N-E 650 SLI

Bios Version: ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 1002

Ram Brand: Patriot

Ram Speed: DDR2800 PC6400

Ram Mhz: 800Mhz, unlinked with CPU to get a 15:16 ratio

Ram Latency: 4-4-4-12-2T(command rate)-21TRC @ 2.2V

I'll revise this post again later, as the 6420 will be going in its new home today. So, if you don't wanna add me to the chart yet, you don't have to!!!

Zac

EDIT: Well freakin-a anyways...stupid EVGA board (One in bottom sig). I can't even get it up to 3.0Ghz stable in the new system, so if you wanna put me down as unverified at 3.0Ghz with the above set-up you might as well. I'll try bumping vcore later, but right now it's back down to 2.8Ghz....stupid stupid stupid EVGA. Oh well, my parents only use internet :) I was just OCing for my own pride and joy....that's why "I" stick with ASUS. Personal preference....

Back
Top Bottom