computer doesnt turns on for 1 second then turns off help!!!

spider monkey m

Baseband Member
okay i just put together my pc and whenever i press the start button it just turns on for 1 second and the fans spin then if i press the power button again it doesnt work so i have to turn the power supply switch off then back on then it does the same and sometimes when i press the power button it doesnt turn on at all i have checked all the plugs are in correctly and sometimes the power led is on and sometimes it isnt im sure my power supply works becuase led on motherboard lights up,a couple of days ago it would work but i couldnt get any display from my video card then it slowly started to not work like one day the computer will start up for that 1 sec and then later on it just wont start up
can anyone please help me?

Man do you know what a period is? It goes at the end of a sentence. Stringing things together like you have done makes it incredibly hard to read.

So I'm going to try and deceiver this.

First off you shouldn't need to press the power button more than once. It should boot after you hit the button. Does it post, IE beep?

If your not getting a bios beep and everything is plugged in correctly chances are you have a bad motherboard or cpu. On my first build I received a CPU doa. After I had everything installed it made no beeps. Just a blank screen. I had to rma it and get a replacement.

First things first though does it beep at all? If so how many times. Also specify if there long or short beeps. And what is your setup your trying to get running?

yes it is a 4 pin
everything has been used but they are from different computers
like hard drive was from my old pc case and power supply from someoe else and motherboard and cpu are from someone else

i only press the power button onece and i dont get a post and there a no beeps

and what do you mean by setup

i only press power button once and ill try to make sentance structure easier

theres no IE beep and no other beeps i have tried 2 cpus and they make no differance i dont think the motherboard is bad becuase it turns on sometimes

find another PSU around, then replace it and see if it works

iv'e tried another psu and that made no differance and ive also put in other ram sticks and put them in other slots

what the other guy meant by setup is what are your specs, like mobo, CPU, vid card, etc.

If its not your PSU, then its either your mobo or CPU like the others said.
Try to get an extra one, like barrow one from a friend.
Do you usually get post beeps when you first built it? (might sound weird, but not all mobo has post beeps, like mine)

okay my setup is:
motherboard:AbitKR7A
Cpu:sockA(462)1.8ghz i think
Video card is a crap one nvidea 5500 or in those series
psu:370watt
40gig HDD
2GIG ram

I get no beeps,when i first built it it wouldnt turn on then the next day it turned on but no picture then next day wouldnt turn on and so on

yep a couple of times when it was first setup but i couldn't get a picture on the moniter so ill try and get a new video card.

Back
Top Bottom