Computer doesn’t turn on anymore

Are any of the diagnostic lights near the upper left corner of the memory on? (between the cpu and the memory nearest the cpu)
None all I was able to get was the boards rgb logo. But I tried what PP Mguire, putting it all together outside of my case, for some reason everything started working. I tried slowly connecting component-by-component to see if I’d get a shortage but everything functioned perfectly... I then placed it back into the case and it’s all working. I have no idea why that worked and why everything else I tried failed.

Last edited:
Try it outside of the case. You've basically switched your entire rig now besides the case.
Dude why did that work? I put it together outside the case and it POST and Booted. I slowly added component-by-component to try and find the cause but everything managed to POST and Boot. Now it’s all back in the case working but I have no idea what was the cause or why doing that fixed everything...

Last edited:
Something was causing a short in the case. This is why it's recommended to test components outside of the case before a build and doubles as a troubleshooting step.

Back
Top Bottom