Computer doesn’t turn on anymore

iRaizen

Solid State Member
So I’ve had this computer for over 2 years now. It was working fine yesterday and today it just didn’t turn on. No fans. No boot. No lights on the mobo. I tried:

- Switching power cables with the computer in my living room
- Switching power breakers

Since none worked I bought a new PSU. Now It still won’t turn on and I’m getting a blinking Red Light around my chipset. I tried:

- Resetting the CMOS battery
- Replugging all the cables making sure they are on snug
- Replugging the RAM making sure they are on snug

I’m unsure where to go from here.

Corsair 850w (Previous PSU: EVGA 750w)
X370 Killer SLI
Ryzen 5 2600x
RTX 2080

Last edited:
So far I tried:

- I got the 24 pin snug into the mobo and the 20 + 8 pin snug into the PSU.

- Recheck and readjusted all the front panel connectors

- I removed the GPU and tried turning it on

- I removed and readjusted my CPU cooler

- I removed the RAM and swapped between A1+A2 and B1+B2

- I removed the CMOS battery for 5mins

Still no fans, no rgb on my GPU, only the red pulsing light on my mobo

If you have that RGB light pulsating it means you're getting power to the board. It sounds like it simply isn't being powered on for some reason.

PP stated:
8pin is for CPU not GPU
And you replied:
I got the 24 pin snug into the mobo and the 20 + 8 pin snug into the PSU.
Did you plug in the 8/4 pin molex into the motherboard for the cpu power? (they are usually near the upper left corner of the mobo) Because I do not know what you mean by stating "20 + 8 pin snug into the PSU."

PP stated:

And you replied:

Did you plug in the 8/4 pin molex into the motherboard for the cpu power? (they are usually near the upper left corner of the mobo) Because I do not know what you mean by stating "20 + 8 pin snug into the PSU."
Most fully modular cables split up the 24pin connector at the PSU.

Most fully modular cables split up the 24pin connector at the PSU.
Okay so I got a new PSU, CPU and Mobo.
Still only getting Mobo RGB. When I press the power button there is a clicking sound from the PSU, the CPU Cooler turns on for a second, but still no boot screen. I initially switched out the EVGA 750w for the Corsair RM 850x, switched out all the cables as well, same outcome. Switched the 2600x/Killer SLI for 3600xt/Rog Strix B450-F, same outcome. Switched out the CPU coolers, same outcome. Cleared the CMOS, same outcome. Removed individual RAM and tried with no RAM (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15), same outcome. I tried jump starting the PC with a screwdriver, same outcome.

Last edited:
Are any of the diagnostic lights near the upper left corner of the memory on? (between the cpu and the memory nearest the cpu)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom