Computer Desk

Search your local Criagslist and pick up an Ikea Jerker Desk.

They are super simple to assemble, you can easily adjust the height of the desk to monitor shelf, has support towers with holes spaced all up and down the entire length so with some basic hardware you can mount anything to them.

Here's a picture of one, not mine as it's kind of a mess presently.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/merc1877/Ikea009.jpg

PP, that set up sweet. Sweet as.. I have a desk which I have had since I was like 15, Solid timber and a metal frame with side room for the tower system. Its approx 6 and a half foot in length, by approx 6ft in height.

I love my multi monitor setup. I currently have a 32" TV, sitting on top of my old CRT TV, that I use for my main monitor with an additional 7 Monitors plugged in via the VGA adapter. I have my entire setup in the living room separate from the bed room area being a bet sit. The TV does not support HDMI but I got it cheap for like 40 pound and took it for the connections and size.

With my computer desk, I wanted something that was huge with a lot of space to work. Portability was not a concern as I'm not moving my desktop... at all. Given that I have tools I did things my own way. I bought a cheap desk on Craigslist with a bad top. It's one of those 6 drawer metal kinds with a solid wood top that you often see in business offices. I took the top off, threw on a solid lauan door, coverred it in jet black formica, used a router with a trim but to make a real nice edge, and bam. Perfect DIY desk for 100 bucks that is about 7 foot long. I built up a secondary desk of equal height using 2x3's and regular 3/4 inch plywood for the top and bottom shelf, and too covered them in formica. So I have a main desk at 32x80 (or something) and a side desk/workbench that's 24x96. Creates a nice big L shape in the corner of the basement where my man cave is.

I know not everybody wants to do have to create their own thing, but I was wildly surprised at how much desk I could get for the money with what I had to work with.

If I had a permanent residence I would have a permanent desk. Since I'm still in the apartment stage of life I don't want to have anything I might have to leave behind due to lack of transpo. I've already lost a ton of nice furniture like my dining set, my 2 couches, my nice desks, and a few other things when I had to bail from my rent house.

MY set uses a card table as well- with the 50 inch plasma as a monitor mounted on the wall, with the mouse and keyboard on the fold up card table. .

Back
Top Bottom