Computer crashes

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hi fellas lately my pc crashes while I do multi-tasking. For example if I am running a DVD burning software like ConvertXtoDVD and play music at the same time, the computer restarts. What could cause this? I have the following:

XP pro
DFI Lanparty NF4 mobo
AMD 64 3500
BFG 7800 gt
2 GB RAM

is that cpu temp under load or idle , and if it is 500w it is fine , to find out look on the box

try the memtest, my guess would be that it's the memory. Though if those are the cpu idle temps then it would also be a good idea to clean the case and the fans.

mammikoura said:
try the memtest, my guess would be that it's the memory. Though if those are the cpu idle temps then it would also be a good idea to clean the case and the fans.

OK I did a memtest but had to cancel it after 5 hours. It did something like 9 cycles. How long does it take? A week?

i think about 12 hours to get an accurate test..... but i've let some run for 48 just cuz i had nothing better to do

5h is fine. I always tell people to run at least 3h, but usually if it's the ram you will get errors in a few minutes. When I ran a memtest on my broken ram I got the 1st error in about 5 mins.

mammikoura said:
5h is fine. I always tell people to run at least 3h, but usually if it's the ram you will get errors in a few minutes. When I ran a memtest on my broken ram I got the 1st error in about 5 mins.

Does the test ever stop caus I just got back home from work and it is on PASS 43!!!!!!!!!!! Total time was 21 hours.

Back
Top Bottom