Computer Crash...need help

Darcwolf777

Baseband Member
My brother was using my moms computer to play a game 2 days ago when the screen went blue out of no where with some error that I am not aware of. He tried to restart it and eventually just unplugged the computer because it compleatly froze and he has verry little patience. Well since then we have not been able to boot the computer up. The screen turns on and has the black backround with grey lettering and says somthing to the effect of new hardware or software may have caused the problem and then it lists several solutions such as starting from last know working configuration. Id like to add that when we choose several of these options the windows xp loading screen comes up but never changes. My mom let it run that way for three hours one day before restarting. We have tried every option and we have booted using the norton 2005 CD wich ran a scan and said we had no viruses. I dont know what to do exept bring it to our local repair shop but the last time we were there with my computer they riped us off so were really hesitant to do that. The thing is we did recently get a new printer but it is compleatly compatible and has been running fine for a few weeks, we allso added ram a little over a month ago. The only thing I can think of is the recent lightning storm we had but we never lost power. A few weeks before that we had a storm that we did loose power to but everything worked fine after that untill now. Any help you guys can offer me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

...i said i allready tried those two. Basically I tried every option several times and also tried starting up with the norton CD and did a scan from there with no luck. But it doesnt matter because my mother took it to the local repair shop despite our relationship with them. Thanks for your replies!

Back
Top Bottom