Computer cooling Problems... Help!!!

nappy

Solid State Member
I have no idea what's going on... Here's what I have.

EVGA video card - nvidia chipset 6800gt
Asus MB - IS7
Intel P4 3.2 Prescott
Gigabyte CPU fan GH-PCU21-VG
500w power supply
Antec case

No overclocking, everything is at default settings.

Everything is new... I built everything up about a month ago.

Under load (i guess) while I'm gaming (HL2 & BF2) my PC will start beeping then eventually shut down. When idle, everything is fine. I realized that it's overheating. I added two additional case fans (4 total now) and the new gigabyte CPU fan. But the overheating problem still exists. I didn't want to spend the money on liquid cooling but if that's the only option I have, then I gues I have to. Does anyone have suggestions or even guesses at what is going on with my system?

go to BIOS and check the fans. One of my friends had the same problem, his fan just started to spin at something like 70 rpm, we still don't know why.

Did you possition your fans right? If you have two fans pointing towards each other they air will stay in the same place...

still, even if the fans are not properly positioned it shouldn't overheat enough for the CPU to shut down.

how's the temperature on ur video card during gaming? maybe you need a better cooler for the gpu

mini_2003 said:
how's the temperature on ur video card during gaming? maybe you need a better cooler for the gpu

Don't know about other cards, but my GPU starts to slow down when the core temp reaches 120 C. And that kind of temperatures are prolly impossible to reach without oc:ing.

cooling

I don't think it's fan rpms, I can see and hear all the fans but I'll double check.

I have two fans facing in and two fans facing out. The fans on the power supply (2 total) are adjustable so I have it turned all the way up. The CPU fan, is also adjustable and turned all the way up.

I just felt around my video card and it didn't seem to overly warm. But when I touched my CPU heatsink, that was almost too hot to touch.

I downloaded a program called "speedfan", it shows temps and fan rpms. The only problem is figuring out what is "temp1", "temp2" etc....

everest

I downloaded everest, it shows at idle the cpu is 41 and gpu is 53 under load it's 55 & 64 respectively.

The weird thing is for some reason, probably because I posted this thread, my pc hasn't been beeping but it's been lagging big time.

Back
Top Bottom