Computer Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD LARKIN

Baseband Member
Building a gaming system for cheap, about $700 with the help of pricewatch.com here is what im thinking of...

Motherboard: Winfast NF4K8MC-ERS nForce
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512k 90nm Rev. E Venice Core (939)
RAM: DDR (400) 3200 – 1 GB (2 pcs 512) Patriot
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB (PCI-E)
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD800BB 80GB 7200 RPM
Case: Powmax 8868 Black Phantom Case
Power Supply: Guardian 550 Watt ATX
Other: 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM Drive

With all that im under budget and I know its not very good but im planning on upgrading it later.

Don't get that motherboard, get it from a good company. (DFI, but comes at a high cost, msi?)

Wait until the new GPU's come out, so the 6600gt will be cheaper.

That PSU is probally a generic one, so it could take out your whole system if it goes.

Hey, nice setup. What do you mean it is not very good. That shoud be fairly top of the line man in terms of being able to run games and programs. Don't sell yourself short. If you got a little bit better graphics card (6800GT) then you'd be able to have "balls to the walls graphics" on most things.

Yeah I learned about how good the 6800 gt is from this site, it seems like almost every post i go on the 6800 gt is recomended I want one, hopefully the prices will drop and I can pick one up.

If you're willing to wait, I'm sure the prices will drop. New graphics cards come out REALLY soon. If you managed to get ahold of a 6800GT, your system would be *****in man.

If your planning on upgrading, get a DFI, and drop your processor to 3000. Won't make that much of a difference, and you'll tank yourself for saving that money when you upgrade.

Btw, if you aren't planning on upgrading,you can build a socket 754 computer that is around 700 dollars, and is great for overclocking, and can include the 6800GT . Post if you want me to tell you the configuration.

Since your getting the DFI MB you should take a look at DFI-street.com there is alot of stuff you should check out for that board.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom