Computer Chassis/power fans

band-aid said:
I havn't had good experiences with any temperature utilities. The always seem to read my processor at 75 C even when nothing is happening. Then i'll check in in the bios and it shows a much lower temperature. I don't know why.

i think thats because the computer is running with all the programs on. in the BIOS pretty much everyhting hasn't even booted up yet.

Hi guys and thanks for the re:'s

here are my specs

Ram
Infenion2x512
Crucial 2x512MB

PSU
Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL,
TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL

Mobo
ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX Intel

Case
COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel, SECC chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Video Card
2x msi nx7800 512mb sli

Memory
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM+XPS 140 gb

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

PENTIUM 4 3.4ghz

--------------------

what do you guys think of this product? DO you think it will help people in my situation?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118120
ZALMAN RESERATOR 1 Plus Fanless Water Cooling System

i have no idea how this works besides cooling your system. Before i consider taking my box to a shop or buying any new products i will apply some thermal paste and see if this works. Since its summer i figure my cpu temps are above average. Ive done research and most people idle at 30-40 and hit 40-60 at heavy loads.

"Sorry I had that backwards, Intel's run hotter.
But 60 degrees is hardly the death zone. But it will reduce the life. The standard "death zone" is 85 celsius, and it will stay that way until they use better materials for processors. Most new processors run around 60 on load anyway, it's nothing serious."

i dont consider a p4 3.4 to be new (2004) : /

I guess the only thing i can do if the paste(5 $) doesnt lower my cpu temp is get a portable air conditioner(300$+) for my room and put it right next to my computer, buy the most expensive cooler on the market (see above) and wait until summer ends... too bad im not rich. this may get way too expensive to just cool a cpu.

If that's a P4 Prescott (single-core) then I don't think you are in too much trouble.

"Adrain, it's not possible for everyone to increase the fan speeds, but if you are able to, it will be the up/down arrows in the SpeedFan program, next to the speed % readings."

ok their are 3 selections all at 100%

which one do i choose and how high should i go?

hmm, ok for fan 1 i have it at 2360rpm, this is the fan that vents out all the hot air from the back

the other fans are at 0rpm which means i dont have any other fans besides the heatsink fan and the psu fan... well itried changin it but i couldnt like you said

still waiting for that good ole thermal paste

Back
Top Bottom