Computer Build

Thomas92

Baseband Member
So i'm planning on building a good gaming computer capable of playing latest games smoothly on medium-high settings. Is it possible to do that with a $500-$600 budget? Any advice/tips would be welcomed! I'd also appreciate any premade builds you guys like to offer too. Thanks!

Do you have an existing system? What components might be reused? List their specs please. A $600 budget will be real tight, so reuse of existing components is critical.

Yes I have a 600watt power supply and a 2gb graphic card already on this PC. As for this system, it was from Dell so most of the upgrades were well over what I was hoping for.

Also for the build, do I need to get the OEM OS of Windows 7 or the Retail Windows 7? I read that the OEM is if i'm selling it, which I don't plan to. I'm clueless about this.

Well, buying parts from Dell will be expensive. Provide model number and maybe we can help you -- we need specs! Be forewarned though, some components are Dell proprietary and replacement may not be possible with standard ATX parts.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Also for the build, do I need to get the OEM OS of Windows 7 or the Retail Windows 7? I read that the OEM is if i'm selling it, which I don't plan to. I'm clueless about this.
If you can purchase some components then you can get the OEM version, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom