computer build questions

gbux512

Solid State Member
So its been a while since I've looked into any type of hardwear. I'm looking to build a computer for about $900 and I was wondering where to start. I noticed the computer build sticky, but being a little over a year old, is it still viable? Where should I start? I'm pretty lost at this point. Can anyone recommend any builds? Right now all I play is wow, but will be getting CoD MW2 soon and I would like to keep my options open as far as games.

For your needs/budget I would recommend:

CASE: Antec 900 - $99.99 or CM 690 - $69.99

PSU: OCZ 1000W ProXStream - $59.99
Note: The above is a recertified model that is on extreme sale 70% off, if they run out of stock before you order, any 600W or greater OCZ or CORSAIR unit will suffice.

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 black edition - $175.99

MOBO: Any motherboard compatible with the P2 X4 955 that has other options you want.

VIDEOCARD: I would recommend a HD 4870.

RAM: 4GB of DDR2-800 or DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600

HARD DRIVE: A 7200RPM hard drive with as much space as you need, or 2 of them in a RAID 0 array.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit for System Builders - $106.99

Do you need an operating system, monitor, peripherals?

Will you be doing any encoding, photo/video editing?

Gonna need a monitor, and i was gonna get windows 7, but i have all the other stuff. Pretty much gonna use it just for gaming.

Gonna need a monitor, and i was gonna get windows 7, but i have all the other stuff. Pretty much gonna use it just for gaming.

Be sure to get the System Builders version of windows, its much cheaper!

What size monitor were you looking for?

This Hanns-G 25" monitor is only $199.99, a great deal for a 25" monitor. Might be a bit out of your budget though.

Back
Top Bottom