Computer build no7

lukes280

Solid State Member
Ok i am not a first but this time i am on a really tight budget. One of my computers went last week and for christmas i am asking for money for my parts. I got my case already but dont mind buying a new one as it is a mid tower. I might need a full tower.

What i would is a quad core intel and a 1gb graphics card. any ram as long as it is over 4gb. i am now leaving it down to some one that has a bit more knoledge. My budget is 500 but can go to 600. I really am thank full. I need things as cheap as possible but can handel new games.

Thanks luke

Forgot to say is i will be doing it on my own as i had my dads mate help me and the last two i couldn't figure out ware the cabels went as i put the manual in the bin, lesson learnt :)

Thanks again

sorry to say, if you want to play the latest gaming its gonna cost more than $500, cause ive spend $1,200 and still haven't got my computer running yet. I still need a video card, PSU, and Windows 7 software. Plus ill be using an old moniter, keyboard and mouse.

If you want it cheap, you cannot have intel. I could throw together a quad core amd rig for about $600 that would play most everything at max.

That okay?

Also, let me know if you have any parts to recycle from an old computer.

When are you going to buy? Your post is a little oddly worded, are you not building until christmas?

OK, I don't see why he can't go with a Core2Quad build. I got my processor for ~$120. It's not really that expensive...

OK, I don't see why he can't go with a Core2Quad build. I got my processor for ~$120. It's not really that expensive...

Phenom II > core 2 quad.

Also, it is not a good idea to sink money into such an old platform. He will not be able to upgrade in the future without replacing the mobo and RAM first.

Phenom II on an AM3 platform is the best bet.

I can't even tell you how many times we've had this discussion. The PII and C2Q go hand in hand. It all depends on the program. But you can easily pick up a higher end PII for less than a higher end C2Q. But also consider the instruction sets you're losing, etc.

I can't even tell you how many times we've had this discussion. The PII and C2Q go hand in hand. It all depends on the program. But you can easily pick up a higher end PII for less than a higher end C2Q. But also consider the instruction sets you're losing, etc.

It takes a very expensive C2Q to match the PII in number crunching stuff. From what I have seen, the PII beats them all in gaming.

Unfortunately, it's very hard to directly compare the PII and C2Q, because they run on different chipsets and have different RAM addressing methods, which is why the only "accurate" read is SuperPI. But SuperPI really only checks the processors abilities in calculations per second. Which is not an accurate read of the processor's abilities in gaming.

In CPS(Calcs per second) the C2Q takes the cake; and I can prove that to you right now.

OK i wont be building or buying till after christmas. £600 and i wouldn't mind a quad AMD, what i am worrying about is i had AMD in the past and compared the ghz and number of cores with AMD and intel. AMD chucks shed loads of heat out, which is ok as i found AMD procceros faster than intel even thou they are the same, kind of. I have researched and i could by one with intel quad and all that for 600. AMD would be great, just any thing for a fast gaming experiance.

Luke

Back
Top Bottom