computer boots but no output

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulcajun

Baseband Member
I recently got a blue screen, rebooted, and no output. I get a screen while windows is booting, but after it goes to load, no image/source. I have speakers and it loads just fine, intro music, and when i plug in a new device i get the little noise...so windows is running just fine...but i have no output from my video card. This happened to me last week, I reformatted windows and it worked fine, but i dont want to have to reformat every week...

tried system restore, didnt work...possibly reinstall video drivers? could that be it?

reset your CMOS, that happened to me last night and I have no idea how i got fixed, but when I tried it back in the morning without having done anything, it finally worked, my CMOS was reset tho, so that might be your problem

turn off the pc and unplug the psu, pull out the silver circle battery (cmos battey) for a few minutes, then put it back in

ok i uninstalled the video drivers and it booted up just fine...then tried reinstalling and output went out in the middle of installation...

no other suggestions before i try to reset CMOS? Seems like something to do with the software...

it seems like the little battery thing is under my vid card...gonna try to take it out.

cant seem to unseat the vid card and its right over the CMOS battery. Ugh is there only supposed to be one lock for the vid card? cant find another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom