Computer advice

So if I ever decided to go that route, an Alphacool Monsta 360 with the Phanteks fans I currently have would be a good choice, right?
That wouldn't fit in your case lol. The attached picture is how big the Monsta is on top of an Enthoo Pro M. For reference, the rad in the front of the case is the Alphacool UT60 which is 60mil thick.

One other thing I thought of is would there be any benefit to running a 240mm rad on top, a 360mm rad on the front and a 120mm rad on the rear all in series?

That would possibly require one heck of a pump and also it would require a block capable of transferring enough heat fast enough.

The only way I'll go with a custom loop is if some quality manufacturer comes out with a block that can handle the temp spikes the 13th gen intel processors have.
A single 360 would be more than enough for both a stock 4080 and 13700k, and all that would do is over complicate the loop with too many potential leak points and fitting cost. Also a single D5 pump would be enough to keep everything going just fine.

With the undervolt you currently should be more than adequate if done right. Just had a friend do it with his 13900k that he got Tuesday and highest temp he saw was 72c in a Cinebench run.

Attachments

• 52548547_152080609061213_5269125591663116288_n.jpg
    52548547_152080609061213_5269125591663116288_n.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 3
That wouldn't fit in your case lol. The attached picture is how big the Monsta is on top of an Enthoo Pro M. For reference, the rad in the front of the case is the Alphacool UT60 which is 60mil thick.

If I ever saw the need to do that, I'd mount it on top of my case.

A single 360 would be more than enough for both a stock 4080 and 13700k, and all that would do is over complicate the loop with too many potential leak points and fitting cost. Also a single D5 pump would be enough to keep everything going just fine.

I'd never liquid cool my graphics card as I like the RGB the stock cooler has.

With the undervolt you currently should be more than adequate if done right. Just had a friend do it with his 13900k that he got Tuesday and highest temp he saw was 72c in a Cinebench run.

Very nice.

I forgot an important piece of info in my last post, it doesn't really help the temp spike much. Custom water gives you the ability to add capacity, it takes a lot longer to heat soak a custom loop. It doesn't fundamentally change the real issue which is physics. The only way to get around that is less volts, less heat. After playing around with my own chip yesterday I was able to do an all core OC of 5.1Ghz without going above 1.3V and the temps stay at 70c when rendering a video and in the 50s while gaming. The best part is I was able to up the uncore to 45 (cache ratio) which significantly improved my overall performance.

After your problems, and helping my friend out I did a lot of digging and came to the conclusion that ALL boards are just completely eradicating the Intel limits in the sake of raw performance in reviews. Before I used to blame Asus as the #1 company guilty of this but these days they all do it. On Intel and AMD. Then Jay2C posts a video saying the same thing about a day later. My own conclusion is, 12th and 13th gen CPUs actually run rather cool and much faster than they're given credit for. The idiot techtubers have a severely flawed manner of testing, and years later still continue to do things wrong giving everybody the bad impression of fault (on Intel) when in fact it's the board makers. The people of the internet regurgitate this info claiming "these CPUs just run so hot" when in fact they don't. My last AMD customer upgraded to a 5900X and the stock Asus voltage was causing his CPU to sit in the 80c area while gaming. That's absurd. Changing the voltage dropped his temps 30 degrees instantly without losing any performance or clocks because Asus was shooting 1.45v to the CPU! That's kill mode territory.

Back
Top Bottom