Computer advice

Yep that's what I saw online.

I see why video cards do not necessarily need liquid cooling. This one has a huge heatsink and huge fans.

EDIT:

At first I thought I screwed up with the case thinking it can only handle a 240mm radiator until I looked at the photo again and saw where the 360mm radiator mounts vertically where the front three fans go.

Last edited:
The case came in. Given the radiator mounts in the front for three 120mm fans which pull air in should the top two 120mm fans be blowing air out or pulling it in? The rear fan will be blowing air out.

Also the case has the iCUE Lighting Node CORE and the radiator uses D-RGB lighting.

Is there any way to make them work with each other?

If not is there a way to install a D-RGB controller?

Also the case has the option to mount the GPU vertically, but I need a separate Corsair PCI-E extension cable

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Premium-Extension-Cable-300mm/dp/B07XS5Z4BX/ref=sr_1_2?crid=27ZFTZB4QED54&keywords=CORSAIR+PCI-Express+3.0+extension+cable&qid=1674250203&s=electronics&sprefix=corsair+pci-express+3.0+extension+cable,electronics,97&sr=1-2

Is that recommended for me to do or is it better for the card to be in a regular motherboard PCI-E slot?

Only issue I'd run into is if I add PCI-E cards I'd have to remove the graphics card.

Last edited:
The case came in. Given the radiator mounts in the front for three 120mm fans which pull air in should the top two 120mm fans be blowing air out or pulling it in? The rear fan will be blowing air out.
Radiator mounted to front, fans pulling in from radiator. Top fans pushing out.

Also the case has the iCUE Lighting Node CORE and the radiator uses D-RGB lighting.

Is there any way to make them work with each other?

If not is there a way to install a D-RGB controller?
The Corsair fans use the iCue node, the other fans plug in with the ARGB header on the board.

Is that recommended for me to do or is it better for the card to be in a regular motherboard PCI-E slot?
I would just mount it standard.

Oh ok.

Looks like the fans on the radiator in the pictures on Amazon are pushing air through the radiator, but that can be changed I think.

Since the top fans are pushing out do I need the filter or should I leave it for looks?

And we have a problem. The radiator fits fine, but the screws are not long enough so the fans can mount with the RGB rings so the light shines out the front tempered glass panel.

I cannot mount the rings directly behind the filter unless I remove the filter and then there's no holes for the wiring to go through. Also if I did that it would impede the airflow.

I do not want the fans shining on the inside if at all possible as then there's no point to the front glass.

How can I fix?

EDIT:

Here's my solution.

The ring.

Resizer_16745984684163.jpeg

The problem is the raised portion of the ring just is larger in diameter than the hole in the case.

Resizer_16745984577761.jpeg

The solution for now.

If I get the pins straightened I'm gonna hope this works. The only other option if the fans have restricted airflow this way is to cut the case so that only the top and bottom mounting holes are there which I really don't want to do.

Resizer_16745984924415.jpeg

Last edited:
Got that fixed.

Got a new problem.

Resizer_16745973991071.jpeg

How do i fix?

I got a microscope at work and some small tweezers and jewelers screwdrivers and pretty much anything else that can be used to fix the pins.

Apparently I didn't read the instructions, however they should be written in big bold red letters on the plastic tray so they can be seen easier.

All work on the PC has stopped until I fix the pins.

If I cannot fix the pins what are my options besides replacing the motherboard? Can't rightly claim warranty as it was damage I caused by doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom