Computer advice

Middle of the road in terms of the company as a whole. The only issues they have is the cooler will shit out on you in about a year because of the really terrible pump design. I've had 3 of these machines come in the past 2 months with this issue all purchased a year ago.

Cyberpower on the other hand offers a similar system except with a 13900k
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Infinity-XLC-Gaming-PC
They're both about the same, but Cyberpower typically cheaps out on PSU, and I've had to replace PSUs in these at the same frequency.

The advantage to either of these is the expensive parts are all name brand off the shelf components. Either machine you go with their typical "dies quick" part is easily replaceable and relatively cheap that you have easily a year to get the scratch to fix yourself. Considering the modifications you've done to keep that old box going you can definitely handle either one.

The cooler I had already planned on replacing with something from Koolance as I am wanting to also liquid cool the GPU provided there's a liquid cooling block for it.

I was thinking of using the 9 fan Koolance radiator just because I could and use 9 AeroCool Shark 120mm fans. Always wanted to do a liquid cooling build with that radiator. Possibly excessive and/or requires a large pump though.

I used four AeroCool Shark 120mm fans on the two 120mm fan radiator when it was used with my xbox360 and they work well with radiators and the fans always stayed at their first speed setting when the room was at 75 degrees with the GPU and CPU staying cooler than the stock heatsinks and air cooling got them.

When I used the same radiator for my current PC I only used two of the AeroCool Shark fans and it stays at 102-104F even at 100% CPU usage.

I'm also tempted to liquid cool the RAM if I can find a block for it.

I just did get the reservoir base/pump mounting for the current pump I use for the other PC (replaced the original tank the pump sits on) and it has a mounting plate that can be added to it so it can mount to a fan so I'll prob get that pump and tank if it is powerful enough for what I'm wanting to do.

Was thinking of this pump.

https://koolance.com/pmp-400-pump-id-10mm-3-8in

And this base.

https://koolance.com/pump-nozzle-and-reservoir-base-for-pmp-400-60mm-od

Last edited:
There is a point of over doing things. If you are planning to Over Clock this pc then go for a liquid cooler, but that would be over kill if you plan on just gaming in stock mode because an air cooled system would be o.k. The system posted would be o.k. for games on stock air.
Edit: the more buttons and bells you add, the more you increase issues with those buttons and bells

Just stick with an AIO. There's no point to overclocking a 12th or 13th gen chip and it'll produce way less heat. A Phanteks 360 MPH would be more than adequate. The extra 500+ you'd need for custom water could be better spent on moving up to the RTX 4080.

No need to overclock.

Currently that PC has liquid cooling stock so I want to keep that.

Also liquid cooling is much quieter and better than fan cooling.

I see a whole lot of ways to customize that PC.

I can make it very expensive or cheap.

I want the best, but I gotta see what my finances are like once I pay a few things off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom