composite to component worth it on PS2?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
right now i have my ps2 hooked up via the composite video cable that came with it. i understand that in order of worst quality to best it's composite -> s-video -> component -> HDMI, but i was wondering if anyone out there has upgraded from the composite cable to component cables on the play station 2, and if so, how much better does it look? if at all..i only have it on my regular tv, and that's probably why the video quality is not that great...want to get a 1080P HD 42 or 46 inch LCD TV when i can and that would surely help i know.

ps2 can not put out a resolution higher then 480P so yes you will see a tiny increase in visuals on a tv screen at a native 480p rez
a high deff tv will actually make it look much worse as it must stretch the video
to make it fit
game systems that work well with hd tv are 360/ps3
and for your ps2 id leave it alone on your old tv

ps2 can not put out a resolution higher then 480P so yes you will see a tiny increase in visuals on a tv screen at a native 480p rez
a high deff tv will actually make it look much worse as it must stretch the video
to make it fit
game systems that work well with hd tv are 360/ps3
and for your ps2 id leave it alone on your old tv

Not true. PS2 is capable of 1080i.
Some games support wide screen as well.
It the PS2's options menu, you can set wide screen.

The thing is, LCD TVs are crap when it comes to anything other than native resolution. If you want your PS2 to look good on a big screen, get a DLP projector television.

The thing is, LCD TVs are crap when it comes to anything other than native resolution. If you want your PS2 to look good on a big screen, get a DLP projector television.

dont want the dlp cause want to hang it on the wall, and want the low profile...what about a plasma instead of lcd?

Just don't expect your PS2 to look good at all on that TV.

i would think if i get a 1080p lcd and could use component cables with the ps2 instead of the composite, i could at least get 480p out of the ps2 which should be better than on my regular tv i'm using now right?

edit: what are regular tv's resolution anyways?

Not true. PS2 is capable of 1080i.
Some games support wide screen as well.
It the PS2's options menu, you can set wide screen.

ps2 cant do 1080i
not games run on ps2 higher then 480p

Back
Top Bottom