Complete Freeze

gnarkill

Beta member
Alrite, a long time ago, my computer used to freeze completely, mouse wouldnt move, music would stop, videos would stop etc...It eventually went away when we took it in. Since then, I have reformated the hard drive, installed windows xp (used to have ME) and everything was going fine, until today, when my problem has come back. Its worse though. I cant open anything anymore because once the computers finishes loading up, FREEZE. I am a noob so maybe im not doing something right. Could someone please help me...Should I just reformat or what...

Thank you

I'm not sure if this could cause it, but mabey low ram would cause freeze ups. Some more details about your computer would help.

Well that sounds like a very interesting problem there, i dont know if i have come across it myself but u could try a reformat, im not sure if it would be the cause of a virus or trojan or what not (dosent sound like it), it could be some dodgy drivers, so check ur parts manufactureres website and get the most up to date drivers.

Yah, if your comp. don't have enough ram to support thw OS , then yes it will freeze or run really slow....

Also with a fresh intall, do a defrag of the hhd in safe mode, and make shure all spyware programs are in place.

Another good idea, is to make shure you go right to Microsoft & get all the CRITICAL UPDATES in place.

after a fresh reformat/install and all the updates are applied and the problem still comes back, then it might be hardware related because it's not normal for the computer to keep freezing up on you.

Back
Top Bottom