Competition: Referrals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Monster Techie
What is the contest?

Score 100 referral points to win!

What do I win?

The first to score 100 referral points in the year 2002 will win a JAZZ J-9928 Multimedia Speaker System
J9928.jpg

5.1 Channels Dolby Digital & DTS, Dolby Pro Logic .
45 Watts RMS Total Power, Subwoofer -- 20 Watts, Speakers -- 5 Watts Each.
Frequency Response - 50Hz to 20,000Hz.
Power, Volume controls for Main, Center, Surround and Subwoofer, Mute, Input Selection, Audio Mode.

Only in 2002?

Yes, starting now, ending dec 31st

But what if more then one user gets 100 points?

Then the one with the most active users will win!

If I just register 99 more times, I score 100 points?

Yes, but we will do our best to prevent this, and when we find one sign of cheating, you will be disqualified!

What happens if no one makes the 100 points by the end of the year?

Then the competition will be extended, but more referral points will be required to win. More info at the end of the year about this.

I am interested! Where do I sign up?

You are already signed up! Every registered member can participate right now! Just make sure someone registers on the open forum and refers to you!

How?

There are two way of doing so:

1- When they goto http://www.techist.com/ and click on 'register' there is one extra field that is called: referral, if they enter your name there, you score one point.

2- You can give people the unique referral URL (web address). If they then register, you will score one point. You can goto this link and find out what your unique URL is.

Sorry, but.. what are referrals?

Simply put: You mention someone the forum. If they like it, they will register. If they do so, and say 'i came here through 'username'. They are referring to you.. and you scored one referral point.

I have enabled the referrals system; referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

Each time someone follows this link to open forum and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one.

Ah cool, but how do I know if I have any referral points?

Easy, Clickhere or use the "Tell a friend about Tech Forums" which is located in the footer of every page.

Ok, lets go! / Oh, got any tips on how to score referral points?

Sure do.

A few examples are:

* You can put the unique referral link in your E-mail signature: (example: I am a proud member of : >a href="unique referral url here">www.techist.com</a> go check it out!)

* You can add a link on your web site (like in the above example)

* You can give people the forum address so they can check it out, and then mention, that if they want to register, they can refer to you during registration (or give the unique url directly).

* If you register on other forums or news sites, you can enter it in the signature there, if they have it.

# Just do not 'spam' the site through E-mail or mass inviting or stuff like that! We will consider this cheating.

To see the leaders of the competition click here
I have more questions!

Feel free to E-mail me: admin@techist.com

What is the contest?

Score 100 referral points to win!

What do I win?

The first to score 100 referral points in the year 2002 will win a JAZZ J-9928 Multimedia Speaker System
J9928.jpg

5.1 Channels Dolby Digital & DTS, Dolby Pro Logic .
45 Watts RMS Total Power, Subwoofer -- 20 Watts, Speakers -- 5 Watts Each.
Frequency Response - 50Hz to 20,000Hz.
Power, Volume controls for Main, Center, Surround and Subwoofer, Mute, Input Selection, Audio Mode.

Only in 2002?

Yes, starting now, ending dec 31st

But what if more then one user gets 100 points?

Then the one with the most active users will win!

If I just register 99 more times, I score 100 points?

Yes, but we will do our best to prevent this, and when we find one sign of cheating, you will be disqualified!

What happens if no one makes the 100 points by the end of the year?

Then the competition will be extended, but more referral points will be required to win. More info at the end of the year about this.

I am interested! Where do I sign up?

You are already signed up! Every registered member can participate right now! Just make sure someone registers on the open forum and refers to you!

How?

There are two way of doing so:

1- When they goto http://www.techist.com/ and click on 'register' there is one extra field that is called: referral, if they enter your name there, you score one point.

2- You can give people the unique referral URL (web address). If they then register, you will score one point. You can goto this link and find out what your unique URL is.

Sorry, but.. what are referrals?

Simply put: You mention someone the forum. If they like it, they will register. If they do so, and say 'i came here through 'username'. They are referring to you.. and you scored one referral point.

I have enabled the referrals system; referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

Each time someone follows this link to open forum and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one.

Ah cool, but how do I know if I have any referral points?

Easy, Clickhere or use the "Tell a friend about Tech Forums" which is located in the footer of every page.

Ok, lets go! / Oh, got any tips on how to score referral points?

Sure do.

A few examples are:

* You can put the unique referral link in your E-mail signature: (example: I am a proud member of : >a href="unique referral url here">www.techist.com</a> go check it out!)

* You can add a link on your web site (like in the above example)

* You can give people the forum address so they can check it out, and then mention, that if they want to register, they can refer to you during registration (or give the unique url directly).

* If you register on other forums or news sites, you can enter it in the signature there, if they have it.

# Just do not 'spam' the site through E-mail or mass inviting or stuff like that! We will consider this cheating.

To see the leaders of the competition click here
I have more questions!

Feel free to E-mail me: admin@techist.com

Dear Chopper ...

You are the leader for the competition ...

What if you won? It seems that you're going to win ... :p

Anyway, good luck in growing this forum! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

pmg4lktan said:
Dear Chopper ...

You are the leader for the competition ...

What if you won? It seems that you're going to win ... :p

Anyway, good luck in growing this forum! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

Im not counted;)

Hey.
I have question. I saw that I should email, but this question refers to all:
If one of my friends signed up because of me, but got deleted for none-posting... will I get the point anyway? (*lol* It sounds like I ask it for cheating, though I really ain't sure my friends will want to do anything more then read things in here).
thanks.

azury you will not loose any refferals even if there account is removed.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom