compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337 n00beh

Baseband Member
are US computers compatible with Uk Monitors ?
are uk mice and keyboards compatible with us computers ?

Re:

Hello,

In general, there is no PAL or NTSC of computers (apart from signals outputted to the TV anyways)...

...i've probably confused you already, but simply put...Yes they are all compatible. Compatibility doesn't vary from country to country, but rather across computers. So you'll just have to take note of things like VGA, DVI, PS/2, USB- your computer's ports, and make sure your PC is compatible with specific hardware.

Re:

Ah...

...well I guess there is a slight compatibility issue with power supplies across countries.

Power supplies in the US are equipped with a two pin power cable (right...?), whereas power supplies in the UK are equipped with a three pin power cable...

I think power cables are the only issue with compatibility when it comes to computers in different countries. All power cables for the monitor and PSU vary from country to country, depending on the electrical standards they have with their power outlets. Oh and not forgetting what scotty said too, about voltage selection :D .

But the same applies to all electronics you'll encounter in any country.

But it's easy rectifying this issue. You'll just simply need to purchase and use the correct power adaptor for your power outlet. Or buy a socket adaptor.

Yeah all what you need to worry about is a new cord for your PSU, which are cheap and easy to find

And if you are in the UK and you buy from the US, your stuff will default to US. Like you will have to change the switch, possibly a jumper on a graphics card for TV's ect

I wouldn't worry with the TV out, as it is poor quality.

Basically all I want to add, is you will get badly ripped off buying from the UK to the US, as one pound, is almost 2 dollars (I think it is $1.8 is £1.)

Great for me buying a item in the US, as I could buy my system for about $800, and so far I spent £800 on it.

Yeah, just make sure you set the right voltage on the PSU or you could have serious problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom