Comp Prob. Happened out of Blue... MOBO? COOLING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Okay guys, I need some input computer used to run great until I screwed something up. Well at least I don't know if it was me or not. I put in a new 512mb pc2700 ram whether this has to do with it or not I don't know. Anyway, computer used to run fine run great, Now is I like watcha dvd for like 5 min, or start to play a game. Not even 30 seconds my comp will just freeze. Like lock up, unrecoverable only to get it off is hard shut down then turn back on but same thing happens. I can't do anything. And I used to run WoW and Doom3 and HL2 and Guild and FarCry easily no prob @ all. And now it just stopped I don't know if this has to do with a HD MOBO or Cooling or what or what i've reformmated 3 times and checked all my connections inside and out everything is good. Any suggestions?

-Luke

no, i havent... ill try it though if u really think it will matter i jsut dont want to tear in to all that shti again,,, and put in a 256.

If your new RAM is PC 2700, and the old stuff is PC 3200 or something like that, then one RAM might be trying to run at the other RAM's timings. When getting more RAM, you should really stay with the company that you have so that the timings can be the same and everything will be compatible. What is your first stick of RAM? Put CPU-Z on that bad mammer jammer and tell us what the timings should be for each stick of RAM according to the SPD page.

right now i just have the 512 in.... the 256 is out... and the 512 is pc2700 and the 256 was pc2100..... and ill get cpu-z and run it so gimme some mins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom