comp parts ( post your thoughts/advice )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude....wait till July 23rd. Seriously. Wait until the conroe comes out then make your pc. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you ask around because it literally rapes AMD flagship cpus at lower speed and its dirt cheap.

just my 2 cents.

That power supply can't handle what you want and that motherboard is not very reliable.

What is your budget for the things you are upgrading?

conroe r awesome but they'll be almost impossible to get in the first couple of months. that cpu is awesome still but the conroes kill it. ur choice

yeah i know about it, but conroe is intel, and there wasnt many intel / ati mitherboards i saw that were pretty cheap ( Ill check again )

i expected as much from the psu.... and my budget was supposed to be around a grand

but i REALLY dont feel like spending that much

There are no conroe supportin mobos out now (well the Intel Bad Axe Rev 304 is, but for around $250 and hard to find). Just wait w.e you do, even if u want AMD, their prices will drop. Conroe mobos should start appearin soon. ATI Conroe mobos wont be around till august and they'll be under $100 (for RS600 chipset, onboard graphics, doubt theres CF) and around $150 (RD600, CF support). Although if you want CF, 975x mobos support it too, they should start appearin next month along with conroe.

Heres a list of ur conroe mobos: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101408

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom