comp dummy here,setting help pls

kennzz05

Beta member
ok so we have a laptop that connects to a wireless router we are truck drivers and arent home much so dont kniow when problem really started. Anyway the computer says its connected to the network and even has a excellent signal. however when trying to go to any websites the diagnose connection probs screen comes up. Of course ive tried to run that to figure out what the deal is but that dosent get me anywhere. Ive also tried to restore the comp to a previous time when the settings should have been good. gives me an administrator type message. I am signed in on an admin name so i dont get that either anyways thats all i can figure out to try as those are the only things that im prompted to try
unfortunitly im sure i caused this as i have seen utube vids about speeding up by stopping some of the things on startup (ms config) but really have no clue what most of them are and ive tryed enableing them all again as well.thanks for any help and would be great if someone could just take control of my comp and do it for me but i can follow directions too lol.

sorry if this is in the wrong forum but didnt really know where to put it. thanks again

Try re-entering the routers password (if it has one) or deleting the connection and rejoining it again.

You could also try a new browser :-

google chrome
ie8
opera
firefox etc

and you can also try looking at the internet explorers connection settings.

ok so now its working again with no help from me (im sure thats a good thing)
thanks for the reply. I cant belive i joined this forum a year ago and just posted my first post.I do belong to a jeep forum and they beat into your head to search b4 posting so most of the time ive gotten my answers by searching but didnt have the time Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom